1. Keeping the table setting all gender friendly-not too feminine or too masculine is key by combining warm colors ( orange, yellow, reds, copper ) with cool colors (blue, greens). Spectacular Affairs designer Farah uses as base navy linen, topped by alternating chargers: burnt orange or sage green which hold a white dinner dish topped by a beautiful salad dish which showcases the color palettes of navy blue, sage green, burnt orange and yellow around its border.
2. Mix textures of elements on table: metals, crystal and wood, silk and cotton brings depth and dimension and lots of style to your table setting. Spectacular Affairs, planners and designers use chiseled copper and silver flatware, porcelain and handmade ceramic dinning ware, crystal stemware and lacquered chargers, silk tablecloth with cotton napkins.
3. Bring in the element of warmth by including wood and fire to your table setting. We do so by bringing in a tree trunk/ wooden vase container for flowers, copper colored candlesticks, and small votive candles.
4. The floral arrangement should reinforce the fall theme and color palette. Farah of Spectacular Affairs, created a breathtaking centerpiece placed on a wooden tree trunk like vase with orange roses, burgundy roses, green cymbidium orchids, green hydrangeas, Cooper amaranthus, green amaranthus tails, dusty miller, yellow coxcomb, and orange Gomaphrenia.
5. The finishing touches should complement all the elements on the table creating a cohesive design. The wooden name tags tie in with the tree/wooden vase for the floral centerpiece. The pumpkin shaped ceramic place card holders either burnt orange or sage green tie in with chargers and the salad plate beautifully. The copper candlesticks complement the copper flatware. Beautiful Square crystal candlestick holders are surrounded by square glass votive holders which illuminate the crystal stemware.
Tablescape and floral design by Farah Saint-Jean of Spectacular Affairs, LLC
Pictures by: Terrence Nelson Photography